Permit Periods – 2019/20 Fire Season
Restricted Periods – Permits Required
1 October 2019 to 31 October 2019 and 1 February 2020 to 15 March 2020
Prohibited Period – NO BURNING
1 November 2019 to 15 March 2020
Dates may vary due to seasonal conditions and these will be advertised locally.
Burning Garden Refuse and Rubbish
No fire may be lit to destroy garden refuse or rubbish, other than in an incinerator, on a day when the fire danger forecast issued by the Bureau of Meteorology is ‘Very High’ or ‘Severe’ for that locality.
Fires lit in an incinerator are permitted at any time of the day, provided that:
- The incinerator is properly constructed and will not permit the escape of sparks or burning material.
- The incinerator is located not less that two meters from any building or fence.
- The area around the incinerator is cleared of all flammable materials for at least two meters.
- Do not attempt to light any fire to destroy garden refuse or rubbish if conditions are windy.
- Have a garden hose connected to a tap and water running while burning is being carried out.
- Do not leave the fire unattended at any time.
- The bigger the fire, the greater the risk of sparks causing a fire to escape,
- Do not burn during Fire Season – unless Burning Periods have been extended.